Beginners Introduction to Networking
This course is designed to provide delegates with a basic, practical understanding of Networking Principles through the use of networking devices such as Routers, Ethernet Switches, Hubs and Workstations.
At the end of this class, participants will be able to:
- Determine the appropriate use for the following internetworking devices (Hubs, Ethernet Switches, Routers, Workstations.
- Manipulate Cisco IOS software through the Command Line Interface to configure and verify interfaces, various protocols and connections.
- Interconnect and configure Cisco routers and Catalyst Layer 2/3 Switches as part of a Network, to support specific LAN application services and WAN services.
- Use IP Addressing and perform network segmentation through the use of subnetting with the purpose of providing an efficient and effective working network.
- Build an internetwork and test the network by running application layer services across the physical and logical structure.
- Troubleshoot network elements and infrastructure using structured troubleshooting methodology
None, although a basic understanding of IT would be beneficial.
Technicians, Technical Managers, Project Managers, Computer enthusiasts or any individual who feels they need basic practical networking skills.