Introduction to Cisco IOS
This 3-Day Course introduces Cisco IOS (Internetwork Operating System). Delegates will learn the basic features and functions and complete practical exercises using Cisco Routers and Switches.
Delegates will learn the Cisco IOS structure and practice the use of management commands as well as those associated with global router and switch parameters such as IP addressing, MAC Address management, LAN and WAN services and security configuration such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) on routers and Port Security on switches.
It is not always necessary for staff to complete a full Cisco Certification course such as an CCNA when they are only performing limited tasks on Cisco routers and switches. This course will provide the basic skills to be able to configure, monitor and maintain small to medium sized routers and switches
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Determine the appropriate use for Cisco Routers and Switches
- Manipulate Cisco IOS through the Command Line Interface to configure and verify global parameters, interfaces, protocols and connections.
- Interconnect and configure Cisco IOS-Based routers and switches to set up LAN and WAN Services.
- Use Cisco IOS to back up configuration files to disk and a network server.
- Use Cisco IOS to monitor and maintain routers and switches.
It would be helpful if delegates do have a basic knowledge of data networking, but this is not essential.
Technicians and engineers responsible for configuring small to medium sized Cisco routers.