Routing and Switching
This 4-Day Course introduces Cisco Routers and Switches and the Fundamentals of Routing and Switching. Delegates will be introduced to Cisco IOS (Internetwork Operating System), and completed practical exercises to provide them with a fundamental understanding of Routing and Switching operation using Cisco hardware.
During the course delegates will configure Cisco Routers and Switches, utilising Management, Routing, Access Control List and Security commands on the Router, as well as Management, MAC Address Management and Port Security commands on the Switch.
During the course the delegates will use Hubs, Switches, Routers and Workstations to build an Internetwork, and troubleshooting utilities to test the effectiveness of the Internetwork.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Determine the appropriate use for Cisco Routers and Switches
- Manipulate Cisco IOS through the Command Line Interface to configure and verify global parameters, interfaces, protocols and connections.
- Interconnect and configure Cisco IOS-Based routers and switches to set up LAN and WAN Services.
- Configure and manage Layer 2 Ethernet switches.
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 routing protocols to establish Layer 3 routed networks.
- Use Cisco IOS to back up configuration files to disk and a network server.
- Use Cisco IOS to monitor and maintain routers and switches.
It would be helpful if delegates do have a basic knowledge of data networking, but this is not essential.
Technicians, engineers, technical managers, project managers and support staff needing a basic practical understanding of TCP/IP based networks.